DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In searching for idea for my room I can across this pic. My computer/bonus room is painted the same color (was this color when I bought it) and I have red sofas.

I have a window behind the love seat. What color drapery panels? Should I match the wall? Use a completely different color? Suggestions please.

Also I have a chair to recover. What do you think about this zebra chair? I thought animal prints were over done, but I have none in the house so this might be an easy way to go.

What do you think about the pop of turquoise? Should I use it as an accent or could you suggest something?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the turquoise and chocolate brown combination. I don't know that it works as well with the addition of red and zebra print. It looks like a little too much is going on at once. I think you should focus on 2- 3 colours and work with them. Introducing too many colours or prints creates an unfocused room- sort of random and loses the contrast that is normally so effective.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would say you go for a light printed one instead choosing solid dark colors for your curtains. You can select red and turquoise printed ones to co ordinate with the room decor'.

Dana

1 - 3 of 3 Posts