DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a tile store the other day and for the first time, I noticed ceramic tiles that were cut in planks (instead of the typical square shape) that give the effect of hardwood floors.

I was planning on laying hardwood on my wood floor and tile on the cemented portion of the floor. I wasn't happy thinking of the 2 different types of floors but now that I found that this "wood tile" style exists, I feel like I'm in a win-win situation.

Has anyone else seen these or know anything about their price, durability, pros and cons?

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Price would have been at the store you were in. Generic internet pricing has no real relevance. to the item you saw.
Tiles are rated for a variety of characteristics. Hardness, wearability, water absorbtion, etc..That's each and every tile, not just categories of tile. I would go back to the store and find out the ratings of the tile in question and compare it to your intended use to see if it was compatable.
Do a search for ceramic tile ratings so you can get familiar with the various categories.
Ron

·
Registered
104 Posts
The tiles I sell that look like wood are no different than any other tile, though there are variations in quality...

porcelain versus red body...

more glaze versus less glaze...

et cetera

1 - 3 of 3 Posts