DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bakery we've bought Fruitcake and Pecan pie from. I can only say "excellent". And a bonus they come in tins, I save them. We always buy the Deluxe Fruitcake and it is sooooooo good. Make you "slap yo mama". Besides fruit cake they also have pies, cakes, and cookies. I just finished eating a healthy, unhealthy, chunk of fruitcake because I ate the last of the Panettone for breakfast. You might think they are expensive but I say well worth the cost. They've been around since 1896.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
We love fruitcake. I make my own only using Whole cherries both red and green, pineapple, currents and lots of nuts.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've made fruit cake several times but no more after eating these. This one doesn't have much fruit in it, mostly what you see on top but it is loaded with pecans and soaked in honey. Beats the heck out of Burgundy soaked or Brandy soaked fruit cake and I like that it has little fruit in/on it. We got a pecan pie one year, it was OK but would rather have fruit cake. If you buy for delivery earlier than you want to eat it, it can be frozen. I bought this one before TG and frozen it. Forgot to eat it Christmas and NY. Almost gone now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts