DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Clothes coming out of washer with lint/dirt on them. Kenmore Elite Calypso

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  dougp23 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my wife had aparently talked to me about the washer messing up loads of laundry, she says they go in fairly clean but come out with lint and new dirt and such on the sheets/blankets. This is my first home and first owned washer, but is there some sort of filter or trap that can be cleaned in this model? I can find very little DIY info on the Kenmore Elite Calypso

Appreciate all the help :vs_cool:

#8 ·
I'm not sure about your model, but I noted an incredible amount of soap grime (it was thick, green, and goopy) and dirt around the OUTSIDE of the washer drum. This had accumulated from the previous home owners and definitely made our clothes dirtier than they went in. It was also unsettling to think that they were getting dirty with other people's dirt. If you can see around the outside of the drum with a flashlight by pushing the drum from side to side and looking in the crack, you may find that some grime has gotten down in there and could definitely be the cause of your problem.

Let me know if this is something you can look at with your model. I also suggest running an empty load and stopping it before it drains. I think you should be able to see evidence of the dirt, and it may give you some idea of where it's coming from.

-TheSrProgrammer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.