DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a clogged 4" pipe under our cement floor. The pipe runs under the floor for about 6 ft before connecting with the rest of the sewage lines. If I run a snake into the pipe I can only get it in about 24" and that's it. It hits something absolutely solid. I've partially cleared it, but we are having water back up continually in the basement.

I need advice. I am tempted to remove the kitchen cabinets and take a sledge hammer to the floor and attempt to replace the whole pipe up to where it connects to the others. Does this sound like a wise thing to do? I have never worked on steel pipes under concrete before so I have no idea what I would be getting into.

The house is 42 years old. I'm hoping for some answers soon, thanks.

·
Plumb or Die!
321 Posts
Yeah, better get a pro with the right kind of snake. Call a guy that has a camera, too. Just cause the snake has cleared any debris doesn't mean you've solved the whole problem.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I had a plumber over last night. He snaked it, I didn't realize the machines you guys have. Stupid for what I was thinking, but then that pipes always been a problem, it's never been snaked like that before. Hopefully it stays clear.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts