DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been working in the crawlspace lately and have noticed that when the AC turns on, water begins leaking from below the furnace. I'm not experienced with HVAC systems but from what I understand this is probably a clogged AC condensate line. The problem I'm running into is when I open the closet and look at the furnace I have no lines that look like condensate drains (see attached photos). If I look at it from the crawlspace I do have a hose going up into the furnace that looks like it might be a drain line but it isn't visible from the closet. That hose travels over 30ft and at some points is sloping up so I would think it would need a pump to be able to drain but I don't see any signs of an electric pump. I'm wondering if anyone could provide some suggestions as to how to resolve this? I don't have pictures from the crawlspace at the moment but I can get some this evening if that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like its the black hose below the line set.
Ok, I assume youre referencing this hose (see attached). That is actually a copper pipe with insulation around it. So I basically have 2 smaller copper pipes and 1 large copper pipe with insulation. I assume it is that large copper pipe that is my drain but then how do I remove it to put a shop vac to it? Is there any way to remove it other than cutting it and then either resoldering or putting back together with a sharkbite connector?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts