DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi First post...

I am replacing my old heat pump R22 with a new Comfortmaker heat pump and we really can't replace the lines without some major remodeling, etc, they look in good shape so if I can get them clean all should be as good as can be...the tech got a nitrogen flush from the local hvac supply house and followed direction but instead of "crimping" the line we just tried to plug it up and only allow a little flow, I guess to help build pressure but the liquid line was almost dry, a tiny bit of residue and the vapor or 3/4" line there was maybe a small drop of oil, now there is not much in the can and it didn't last long, I believe there is some oil residue in the 3/4" line, is this good enough? The techs son was working on it today and said the vacuum pump will pull the rest out, will this be good? I believe there is still a little oil residue in the 3/4" line, I read somewhere about using acetone to clean them, I assume with a air compressor, I just want to get them as clean as possible without spending as much as the remodel job would have been to replace the lineset.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The tech needs to use NU-Calgon RX11-Flush.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.