DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I am grinding the concrete floor in our basement. The grinder has a vacuum attachment for the dust. I still expect there to be a fair amount of dust left after the job. Before I put down an epoxy coat, I need to get up as much dust and debris as possible. Some cleaning options I've come across: cleaning solution and push broom/wet vac/squeegee, mopping, plain old sweeping. I understand it will probably have to be done in stages, but what cleaning process has worked for you after concrete grinding to prepare the floor for the epoxy coat?

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Side note, I don't know how effective the vacuum attachment will be but suspect less than 100%. That means a lot of fine concrete dust everywhere. I did some grinding on my walls prior to gluing up rigid foam board and attached a vac to the grinder plus used a large air cleaner and all did poorly, fine dust everywhere.

My thoughts are, if you have a basement window or two pressurize the house with a window fan upstairs blowing in and hope the airborne fine dust exits those basement windows.

You are way ahead of me on floor cleaning options, never had to do that.
Best
Bud

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.