DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
yes but only if they're yours :laughing: are the open cells vertical or horizontal ? evidently the 1st 2 responders miss'd their meds :yes:

·
Registered
8,419 Posts
i wouldn't fill them. unless there is some kind of structural need. i would find some kind of covering = siding, bushes, whatever.

can i have that washer fluid ?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Are those blocks just dry stacked? The OP didn't state in his post where he lives but if they have any kind of code enforcement at all I'm quite sure that those steps don't meet code! I certainly wouldn't even want to be walking up and down them on a regular basis.

·
Concrete & Masonry
3,794 Posts
They look mortared together to me, and should have about an 8" rise with a 12-14" tread from the picture. Not sure what's unsafe about them from the picture.......

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
If that was my house, I'd fill the blocks and stucco the sides to cover it all up.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
fill'em w/gravel ? the open cells ? :huh: how would that make them sturdier ? unless they're mortared together, they won't be solid,,, op failed/ignored forum rqst to post ' where ' so how can anyone respond intelligently w/method/materials ? seems to me IF this were that important, we wouldda heard/seen something in 2wks from him/her :whistling2:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
fill'em w/gravel ? the open cells ? :huh: how would that make them sturdier ? unless they're mortared together, they won't be solid,,, op failed/ignored forum rqst to post ' where ' so how can anyone respond intelligently w/method/materials ? seems to me IF this were that important, we wouldda heard/seen something in 2wks from him/her :whistling2:
yeah, these forums should archive off threads that dont get any reply from OP within say 4 days.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Seems that some people come here for help, then when they hear the reality behind their problem or the fact that the correct answer is the answer they didn't want to hear, they just stop replying. You know they've read the replies, which is why they quit responding. Otherwise they wouldn't have asked for help in the first place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts