DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there I'm new to this forum and would like some help with building a sitting bench out of cylinder blocks, this is where it gets tricky, I'm trying to do this right in front of an existing cylinder block wall thats about 7 feet high and only has 12inches of a Footing.
So do I dig below the existing wall footing and lay a concrete base or should i make a base out of crushed rock then begin installing my blocks for a sitting bench?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
Really just make sure the cement it is going to sit on is nice & clean, and you can also if you want to do, drill two holes for 2" rebar at aprx the height of the first block. Then just build away. The hard part is what are you going to use as the bench? A precast slab, or blocks all the way across.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm probably going to use brick cap it off with

Just to clarify I should just make a concrete base ??

I'm not to familiar with what you are trying to say about the two holes n rebar .. Sorry

I uploaded a pic of the yard where you can see the wall I'm trying to make the seat at is the longer wall

Attachments

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
If you are turning that whole area into a concrete pad, just follow the info that the City gives you with the Permit, or the Cement plant gives you, when you go to price out if a trailer that you can hook up to a Pick up truck is cheaper, or one of their trucks.

Soil make up is different everywhere. There is no one rule fits all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts