DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a problem to solve but would love to figure out how my problem solved itself. I have shoulder length hair and use Pureology hair products (which seem to clog drains more than others). For 10 years I've had to periodically use the Zip-It to pull out hair and use baking soda/vinegar/boiling water to unclog the drain. Last summer I removed my sliding glass door and now my tub is only enclosed when I am showering. I went away for a 10 day trip last fall and returned to find that my tub didn't fill with water when I showered. It has been draining perfectly ever since! The only difference is that the tub now is open to the room all the time instead of being closed off. Can constant high humidity and lack of airflow clog a tub drain? It's the only thing that has changed. Any plumbers out there who might have noticed that showers open to the rest of the bathroom suffer from fewer clogs than those that are always enclosed? Thanks :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.