DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am renovating the bathroom on a house we just purchased. The water to the upstairs shower was turned off, (using check stops), I turned them both to open position, but only cold water flows. I removed valve for hot water and it is in decent shape. I confirmed hot water is coming right to the valve but then stops. Is it possible there is a clog somewhere after check stop and before handle? I am a carpenter by trade so plumbing is not my field. I searched threads first for any info. I think its a delta 600 series. Is there something I am missing to turning hot on? I opened it all the way but still nothing.

Thanks in advance.
Religious item Artifact Cross Wood Glass

·
Super Moderator
7,972 Posts
If the water is coming right to the valve then stops when you turn it on, replace the cartridge. Or at least try soaking the cartridge it in some vinegar for awhile to remove sediment/corrosion and try again. It doesn't take much sediment/debris to clog up the cartridge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the water is coming right to the valve then stops when you turn it on, replace the cartridge. Or at least try soaking the cartridge it in some vinegar for awhile to remove sediment/corrosion and try again. It doesn't take much to clog the cartridge.
Ok thank you, I'm thinking clog as well, is it worth trying compressed air? I can use compressor. I can also try using an injector to put vinegar into valve past check stop. Otherwise I guess I can remove entire valve and try soaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.