DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hate my carpet. It's blah. And with my lifestyle, it's constantly ugly/dirty. I'm thinking Bamboo, but I'm open to options.
Why I'm here is because I'm still on the fence about doing it, and wondering how difficult it'll be to get rid of the carpet.
As you can see from the attached photo, I have 2 levels of trim... I would call it something different since the carpeted side trim probably has a proper name, but I don't know it. What I'd like to know is just what's involved in swapping to bamboo floors?
Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know where to start. I am carpentry-capable, I just don't know what people do with the carpeted sides to make them look good with the existing trim...
Thanks in advance!

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
What's under the carpet? can you see the underside of the stairs from below?

·
Super Moderator
14,479 Posts
What's under the carpet? can you see the underside of the stairs from below?
What Mike said, also you will be pulling a ton of staples out. Here is hoping you have pretty wood under the carpet and skirt boards.

Remember this, when you add anything to the top of the treads you are changing the first and last step height. The treads and risers usually don't give a person too much trouble (unless they are mortised in) but installing a new skirt board with treads and risers in place is a booger bear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts