DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the outside of the RV there is a receptacle with a cover. The outlet is working but has brown marks. I want to change it. Can I use a regular receptacle such as an indoor one? The GFI plug is located inside the unit. I am getting conflicting answers.

·
Super Moderator
22,446 Posts
If the receptacle is protected by a GFCI then a regular receptacle will work fine as long as the box has the proper weather cover over it.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I would suggest to put a weather resistant recept there. They are marked with WR on the face of the recept. Not a substitute for the weather tight cover - rather additional protection and to make it last over time batter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would suggest to put a weather resistant recept there. They are marked with WR on the face of the recept. Not a substitute for the weather tight cover - rather additional protection and to make it last over time batter.
It has an outdoor cover already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The current receptacle does not have WR on it. It looks like a regular indoor one. The cover and seal is intact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts