DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

1,271 Posts
Your pic shows wire typically used in lighting.
It appears undamaged, just came apart. The ends of each are twisted together with your hand to make it as close to solid as possible. (Huge suspension bridge cables are made from stranded thinner cables and then twisted.)
It is stranded wire, 18 gauge.
If anywhere along the run, you see bare wire because outer plastic casing was cut into, replace with same type.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.