DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i flick my thermostat to cool everything comes on runs for a couple min them my blower shuts off before reaching temp then turns back on and it keeps doing that the central air unit stays on just the blower shuts off Any help woukd be nice thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'm no expert but there may be a problem with the blower motor. also might want to check the filter or if the fan on the blower needs cleaning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Filters clean when i flick the fan to on it runs fine now i have had it running for about an hour and a half on auto and everything seems fine now so i dont know whats up with it

·
Hvac Pro
23,372 Posts
circuit board cooling fan relay may be failing.

·
Hvac Pro
23,372 Posts
Yes. The tstat energizes the G terminal on some boards/units to turn on the fan with the cooling. others do it thru the Y terminal on the board. if the switch in the subbase for ON to Auto is loose/bad or making an intermittent connection then that is your problem. That is why I ALWAYS recommend the higher quality Honeywell or other better brand name tstats rather than the el cheapo no name offshore pieces of junk. You get what you pay for. Honeywell Focus Pro from HDepot is a good choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks i will buy a new tstat and try it it seemes to be working fine now but i will replace anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts