DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a ceiling fan installed, actually I had 2 fans installed. I have a remote control on one. The fan goes on by itself every so often. I can shut it down with the remote . I was wondering if he didn't install it right. The other one makes a clicking sound. I don't use it for fear of a fire. HELP

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
does the remote allow timer setup? if so, turn it off. if the clicking on the second one is electrical sounding, call the guy back, if it's more of a scraping sound, it's likely off balance, call the guy back or try to level it yourself.

DM

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Did you/he set the dip switches to different configurations? If not, one remote may/will turn on both fans.

The clicking noise could be many different things including loose screws or mfg defect.

Call the guy who installed them.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Fan

Is the other fan a hugger-If so check make sure wires are tucked in box and not hitting moter when spinning. The other check dip switchs maybe another remote like tv or something is your problem.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Did you/he set the dip switches to different configurations? If not, one remote may/will turn on both fans.

The clicking noise could be many different things including loose screws or mfg defect.

Call the guy who installed them.
Check and change the dip switch settings. I had someone with the same problem. The next door neighbors garage door opener turned on their fan, they said. Changed the dip switch settings and corrected the problem. It's common.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts