DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wiring in a ceiling fan to a 2 switch wall switch, incoming wiring has black, white, ground. Out to wall socket has black, white, red, and ground. I have run black incoming to black to wall switch, light wire(blue) from ceiling fan to red to wall switch, white wire from ceiling fan to white incoming, black wire(fan motor wire) to white outgoing to wall socket. Here's what's driving me crazy, in the wall socket there is another set of wires going to my kitchen lights, (black, white, and ground). How do I send power to the kichent light? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
UAW SKILLED TRADES
5,341 Posts
I am wiring in a ceiling fan to a 2 switch wall switch, incoming wiring has black, white, ground. Out to wall socket has black, white, red, and ground. I have run black incoming to black to wall switch, light wire(blue) from ceiling fan to red to wall switch, white wire from ceiling fan to white incoming, black wire(fan motor wire) to white outgoing to wall socket. Here's what's driving me crazy, in the wall socket there is another set of wires going to my kitchen lights, (black, white, and ground). How do I send power to the kichent light? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You have a switch box and a wall socket and a ceiling fan. Did you install the switch box with the two switches, the wall socket and ceiling fan or were the switches already present. I suppose I'm not understanding where the wall socket comes into play. This is a typical drawing that is close to what you discribe.

Attachments

Reactions: snowcam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
wiring puzzle

Hopfully this picture comes through. It will show you where I am with this.
Thanks again.
The problem I have is that I have a couple of kitchen light switches wired after the ceiling fan switches. I can wire the fan motor and ceiling fan light, but I'm not sure how to get power to the kitchen lights wired downstream from the ceiling fan switches. Any info would really help. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts