DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a universal remote for a ceiling fan that had good online reviews. I installed it and it works just fine for the fan, but it will not work with the light fixture. I connected the remote up to direct power and tested the wires and the blue wire only gets 8 VAC when the light switch is turned on.

I thought the thing was faulty so I exchanged it but the replacement does the exact same thing.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Doesn't seem right that both of them would have the same fault.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's a single instruction sheet (attached) but connections are pretty much straight forward.

Light fixture is LED but it does not work with incandescents either because there is only 8V being sent to the lights.

Instructions say the light switch can work as a dimmer but holding down the light button does not increase or decrease the voltage and at no time does it ever get above 10V.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, when I originally tested it with an incandescent, it was actually an LED bulb that looked just like an incandescent and that did not work.

It actually does work with a real incandescent bulb, AND a dimmable LED bulb.

Still, this puzzles me why a voltage tester gets no more than 10 V from the blue wire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.