DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hunter ceiling fan (remote only controls) that you can control the fan with the remote, but you can't turn off the lights so you need to unscrew the light bulbs to turn off the lights.

Any suiggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has a power button, button for ceiling fan speeds and a button for the light. The power and fan contril works, but just the light does not turn off. It worked at one time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to try to change the dip switch settings first. Where are they normally at in the ceiling fan?

·
Electrical Contractor
3,368 Posts
The DIP switches affect both the fan and light functions. IF the fan works, but the lights don't then the dimmer module in the remote receiver is probably shot. :huh: Changing the DIP switches won't fix this. :whistling2:

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Did you hook up the blue wire from the light kit to the blue wire on the receiver? That sure sounds like your problem to me. There is a wiring diagram on the receiver. One wire for the light and one wire for the fan. Check the connections in the ceiling box. The dip switch settings have nothing to do with your issue. If the fan comes on with the remote so should the light. If it's connected correctly take it back and get a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts