DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i was curious about product recommendations for caulking imperfections in cedar siding, as can be seen in the picture. perhaps some wood-colored caulk, if anyone knows of any.

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Those are some gaps. Trouble with caulk (colored or not) is what will the cedar siding color be in the future? If you go natural, then one color. If you stain it, another. Personally, I'd put new boards on and then decide on caulk color. If the gaps are smaller, so will the likelihood of the caulk color being an issue.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's OK, i'm not being nit picky. being in the ballpark is fine, doesn't have to be 100%. it is just a shed. i plan to paint it once the original color fades.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one more question: can i use the same product for sealing the unused hole space when i run wire or pipe in or out of the shed or would this not be thick enough?

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
You can eliminate this in the future by squaring off the ends before you measure the lengths to be cut.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
squaring off the ends?
Putting the wood in the miter saw set to 90 degrees and cutting off the out of square rough cut end pieces.
This is a standard building practice to start out with a square end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts