DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Carrier Weathermaker SX with the house built in '77 not sure if it is original with the house or not.
So it seems that my blower motor went out today. heard a squealing noise on occasion the past few days and today while I was at work my wife said that it was only making a buzzing sound. The blower motor is a A.O. Smith, Carrier 1/2 HP, 115V, 1075 RPM, Frame 48YZ, Double Shaft,model # 306068-201 but the wiring on a blower has 4 speeds and the electric box only uses 2 of the 4 speeds and a com return.

My question is, which of the specs should I match up to buy a 2 speed blower or should I buy the same one as before?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to find something cheaper. very limited money right now. Does anyone know a good site to buy one less then $250? Maybe on a military discount? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the issue I just found out is that the motor that I pulled out is a single shaft and the only name I can find on it says "General Electric" and "M301 RDV".
I can't see how a double shaft would fit in the squirrel cage at all if I were to buy the one that is written on the unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts