DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Thank you for adding me to your group. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 2000. I believe it's a 1994 vintage. I have looked online for error codes but what I'm seeing doesn't match what's on my furnace. My error code is: one short flash, one long flash, and three short flashes. Can anyone tell me what this is referring to? I have been resetting the furnace and it will be fine for a while but, it continues to fault out.
Regards,
Bob V

·
Registered
13,381 Posts
If you've been manually resetting the rollout switch, the heat exchanger is bad - especially if it's a high efficiency vented with plastic pipes.

Stop resetting.

The error code information should on a sticker with the schematic.

What's the actual model number?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Do not repeatedly reset the furnace. It’s trying to tell you something is wrong and needs attention.
X2 on the model number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you for your input. The model number is: 58MX080-12
Any idea what the error code is? I get three numbers from the furnace and there is only two numbers on the error code legend. One short, one long and then three short.

·
Registered
13,381 Posts
That's a condensing furnace.

The number of short flashes equal to the first digit, number of long flashes equal to second digit.

Don't know why there would be one long, ignoring that could be code 13 which is limit circuit lockout.

Are you manually resetting the switch on the burner box? If yes, it has a bad secondary heat exchanger. Since 1994 unit is old and well out of warranty, you're looking at a new furnace.

It has a plastic coating which starts breaking down and blocking exhaust flow.

26 years is an excellent run for a furnace with one of those heat exchangers - lots of problems with them.

·
Registered
13,381 Posts
yah - mxa, not mx.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
You missed the A. That’s an MXA furnace.
Likely a faulty secondary. It’s on the list in the link I posted.
If so you’ll be purchasing a new furnace.

·
Registered
13,381 Posts
Don't assume 80 000 btu is correct - it's a big unit for most of north america.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts