DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope there is an easy fix - I purchased a new Carrier Weathermaker 9200 about 7-years ago. Not getting much humidity so I went to change the water pad in the Aprilaire 700 humidifier. The pad is scale free, the fan is spotless - both look like they have never been used - I have seen the humidifiers after a couple of years and know they get very thick buildup. I tried to do the test mode on the humidifier with the furnace fan running and nothing happened. I checked the wireing and nothing is obvious. I don't think this thing has run for years. any advice?

·
Banned
804 Posts
turn the humidistat to the test mode, turn temperature up on furnace at thermostat......make sure the water is on to the humidifier. wait a few minutes and you should have water flow and the fan should be running,if not you will need a volt meter to start trouble shooting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Thanks Harley - that did get some water running, but still no fan turning on in the unit - however, it is now giving some water, so that is good.

·
Banned
804 Posts
can you follow the large black wire and make sure the unit is plugged in?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.