DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have just put in a replacement control board into this 4 ton Carrier Infinity 19 split system. After system is all booted up, I am getting the following amber flashes on the LED on the control board : 8 fast, 7 slow.

The installation doc decodes this (87) error to 'Compressor voltage not sensed when compressor should be starting. High stage contractor may be stuck open or there is a wiring error'. However, this fault is only supposed to apply to the 25HNA6, (16 series heat pump). Has anyone encountered this on the 19 before, and if so, what would you recommend as the next step?

I've waited thru a couple of 15 min cycles to see if the system managed to clear this fault, but it has not.

·
Super Moderator
39,290 Posts
You pulled the model plug from the old board and put it in the new board, right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks for asking beenthere.

I did a careful one-to-one move of wiring harnesses to their corresponding locations on the next board. Since posting, I have also replaced the 45.o uF run capacitor. Based on what I know, the next thing I would do is replace the contactor. But it seems a bit unlikely that this would be the cause of the failure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, and a salute to beenthere : I did not recognize what 'model plug' meant. Once I got that across, all seems to be fine. System has been tested for both heating and cooling and everything looks good. Check one job off the list!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts