DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like hardwood.

No rugs, they are trip hazards, and I always get my 14s tangled up in them.

On a similar question.

Has anyone else ever had carpeting in a bathroom?

What a mess, tore one out once, there were lifeforms growing under there.

ED
I am about to remove the carpet in my bathroom, like in the next 48 hours. I also have 4 sons under the age of 11. I'm not looking forward to the smell that will be hiding in the foam.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
JOATMON
15,202 Posts
I am about to remove the carpet in my bathroom, like in the next 48 hours. I also have 4 sons under the age of 11. I'm not looking forward to the smell that will be hiding in the foam.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Open windows....roll carpet up tight....wear gloves....have the pale of disinfectant standing by.

Carpet in a bathroom? I could never understand that one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agree with most of the other posters, hardwood is the way to go.
Post some photos once you get it refinished.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if Hardwood won out? After just removing my carpet and restoring wood floors underneath, I have to say my vote would be for the Wood floor. Mine is so beautiful now, I love it every day. Wood is best, especially if you have pets.

And my bathroom floor had carpet on it too, although it was removed 2 years ago after my fence builder augur'd thru my sewer line and sunk a metal pole into it with concrete... After about a week everything started overflowing--including my commode in the bathroom--onto the carpet... I had the carpet replaced with a floating floor. The wood floor underneath was black and looked beyond repair having had linoleum on it for ages under the carpet.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts