DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A "Handy Husband"
11,809 Posts
I think these posts are some kind of SPAM. I see lot of them. First post of a new user. No capital letters, no punctuation, run together, unintelligible sentences.

Even if it is a real user; if they can not take the time to proof read what they write and use readable sentences, why should I (or you) take time to answer?

·
11,730 Posts
After. Unless you need it during, but never before---- unless on Monday or Wednesday.

Gary

Reactions: slickgt1 and 47_47

·
uva uvam vivendo variafit
641 Posts
I think old reddy may have hit the bottle and posted....prolly doesn't even remember posting it....

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
Yeah....he posted & was gone 2 minutes later
Never been back

Another poster started a new thread
Then 1 minute later posted wanting to know why no-one was helping him ? :laughing:

:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to take a guess at what RedLagoon was trying to say. Molding (finished trim) does not go on first and then butt you construction to it.

I don't see how that can be done, and if he is serious about asking that, he shouldn't be building anything.

·
11,730 Posts
Exactly! That's why I answered him first, joke second. At least this forum has spell check when answering and questioning. On another, I type it in Word then copy and paste as you probably couldn't respect the question or answer otherwise....

Welcome to the forum, Red and Mr. Fixit!

Gary

Reactions: Mr Fixit

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
The forum does not have spell check as far as I know
At least I haven't found it anywhere
Probably built into your browser

·
11,730 Posts
Thanks Dave, that is good to know. I'm not computer savvy.

Gary

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
I was looking to turn it on....I always have spelling mistakes
I did install one -Ispell, but I'm using IE 8 64 bit & appears it is not compatible
I have no idea why MS does not build it into the browser

·
A "Handy Husband"
11,809 Posts
I was looking to turn it on....I always have spelling mistakes
I did install one -Ispell, but I'm using IE 8 64 bit & appears it is not compatible
I have no idea why MS does not build it into the browser
Dave,

Down load Mozilla Firefox. It has a spell checker. It is free. I have been using it for a year and will never go back to IE.

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
I've tried Firefox & the others
I end up back with IE for one reason or another
There is a lot of things that are easier with IE
Might just need to look into more add-ons for firefox
But adjusting the fonts & quickly adjusting the Zoom are 2 main reasons
My eyes aren't getting any better

I actually like that Adobe Flash does not work with IE8 64 bit
I don't see as many ads :laughing:
...at least not mini-video ads - just text

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Scuba

Exactly! That's why I answered him first, joke second. At least this forum has spell check when answering and questioning. On another, I type it in Word then copy and paste as you probably couldn't respect the question or answer otherwise....

Welcome to the forum, Red and Mr. Fixit!

Gary

I find that if I type in Microsoft Word, do the spell check, then copy and paste, it works out pretty well. Plus, I can save it to go back to it later if I'm not able to finish.

·
11,730 Posts
Thanks! That is what I have been doing. My Firefox spell checks on two of the forums, but not the other three. Copy and paste in Word is handy when I need to find a bookmark reference or a part from one. For my longer posts I use Dragon speech, a great time-saver. It's been 45 years since typing class, I need all the help I can get.......

Gary

1 - 15 of 15 Posts