DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a wet bar that is roughed in, but has the fitting for the drain line. The main piece is glued on, and the end of screw on. Does anyone know if they make a piece I can just screw on to cap it, or does it need to be cut a solid cap glued on?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you can’t find the aforementioned cap, try a rubber Fernco cap. Or use my bargain basement method, put a baggie over it and secure it with a zip tie or masking tape. And who cut that hole and left enough annular space around the pipe to drag a dead cat through?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hello

I have a wet bar that is roughed in, but has the fitting for the drain line. The main piece is glued on, and the end of screw on. Does anyone know if they make a piece I can just screw on to cap it, or does it need to be cut a solid cap glued on?
Yes, any 1 1/2 pipe thread cap.

I would cut it off and put on with a new trap adapter fitting so it closer to the wall.

Could be tricky when you go to plumb the sink in that location.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello

stuff a towel or rag into it, it doesn't need to be pretty

or put a plastic bag over it and tape it to the pipe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts