DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I just installed a ridge vent (Shingle Vent II) and began putting the cap shingles on. My roof receives very little sun, and thus the tabs are not adhering to the shingle below it.

This is my first roofing project, and while I did research the steps to take, I feel as though there is something that I am missing. I have been nailing the shingles down on the two tabs at the end of the shingle, and tried using roof cement to keep the shingles down, but in vain.

Will they eventually lower and adhere, or should I work to amend it right away?

I fear that in the raised condition that they are in, that water will migrate. I would greatly appreciate any tips to solve this problem.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
John Doe
25 Posts
I agree. You said your roof doesn't get much sun, so this is probably the problem. When the weather warms up they should begin to soften, which will help them to lay flat.
If you're under a lot of trees make sure you clean your roof regularly. Leaves can do a lot of damage.

Check out this post on maintaining your roof. http://homesteadhero.net/roofing-101-maintaining-your-roof-2/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.