DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Cannot find 5/8" sprinkler elbow fittings

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  st_group 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I moved into a house built in 1985. When fixing a broken sprinkler i noticed that the blue plastic L-shaped part that connects the sprinkler head to the pipe had broken (i think it's called the Riser fitting or Elbow Insert)

So i took it out to get a replacement, but i could not find the correct size anywhere. All stores (HD, Lowes, ace) carry 1/2" and 3/4" and 1" fittings, and none of these fit. After i measured the OD of the sprinkler pipe running underground, i found i needed a 5/8" fitting.

So what's the story? Have they stopped manufacturing 5/8" pipes and fittings for sprinkler systems? Any suggestions on where to get one?

HELP !!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Reads a bit confusing to me but I'll try here....

If the o.d. of the pipe or tubing underground is 5/8" inch, then for a internal use barbed fitting as in the pic to fit in to it , then it will have to be a 1/2 ich o.d. barbed fitting. A 5/8" barbed fitting will not fit in a 1/2" inside diameter (5/8" O.D.) pipe/tubing.

#6 ·
Thanks everyone for your answers. I measured the inner diameter and it is indeed 1/2 inch. I guess i will get the 1/2" barbed fitting and try again. Earlier, I had taken a cutout of the pipe to the store before, and by eyeballing it, it did not seem that the 1/2" fitting would fit the pipe, but i guess i will try again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.