DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mailbox flag became detached from the mailbox due to the knob breaking off. I still had the flag part and was looking to replace the knob. I went to ACE Hardware yesterday bringing the flag with me. I found a Nylon cap screw 1/4-20x1 that would work. However, after returning home I lost the flag. I am disabled and have been wanting to fix this for over 5 months and this happens.
Can anyone identify this mailbox as to who made it, so I could contact them and get a replacement part?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Did you happen to look inside the box, or under the box ,for a manuf. name? My guess it would be on the inside of the door, or underneath

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you happen to look inside the box, or under the box ,for a manuf. name? My guess it would be on the inside of the door, or underneath
I found the info inside the front door of the mailbox and sent a message with their contact form.

It seems that it's a current model.

·
Super moderator
1,139 Posts
I am not going to replace the whole mailbox as there is nothing wrong with it. At least at those prices.
LOL of course not. . . . I guess I should have added:
contact them for possible repair/replacement parts vendor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news. My Daughter found the flag between the right front seat and the center console. I guess it just slipped out of my pocket. Now I can fix my mailbox.
Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts