DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
liscenced electrician
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pouring a concrete wall that will cap the end of my porch. Its going to have a pillar at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom of the stairs. Im also thinking of building a concrete "pyramid" to cap the pillars. Im not sure what i want to do. I want to put a light on each one of the pillars, but i can't think of a light that would look good

i drew a quick paint drawing to show whats going on. The other picture is pretty similar to what i want to do, except out of concrete

Attachments

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I cannot help you pick a fixture. Only you can pick what you like. I can tell you what needs to be done before you pour that wall. If you are interested, let me know by pm or email. My email is available to anyone on this site in my profile.

·
liscenced electrician
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just going to get a 3/4 pvc up and out the center of each post. Then i can cut them off, and when i pour the top cap pieces (which will get mortared into place later), i'll leave a 3 3/4 hole for a box to go into. Sound like a plan? If you have a better idea, let me know

i don't need a specific light, just a style, of something that might look good. Only thing i can find a picture of is this one, and i think it looks like crap

Attachments

·
liscenced electrician
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you are reading my mind.
that's cuz im an oregon electrician :laughing:

this is just out of left field for me. Im more an emt pipe rack kinda guy

i still can't figure out a light that i like. Anyone have any pictures of something similar to what im doing with a light in it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts