DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are so many that look like this but trying to see if I can find out exact model to replace parts from the faucet or see if this one has any warranty info, etc.

Only thing not shown in this photo is that there is a plastic red/blue button that goes in that hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - water has been shut off and we tried removing handle/lever from the faucet but the screw won't budge at all.

Here's what we've done:

- We tried to remove the screw from the little hole under handle with an allen wrench-nothing.
- Then we tried to remove it with a philips screw driver - nothing.
- THEN we tried a flat head screw drive and finally we felt it grip on to something but it won't loosen up so I can't get it to UNSCREW!

We also sprayed some lubricant to help but nothing.

So either we find a way to remove the handle (which I was hoping for) or get the whole darn thing out to get a new one (which is not ideal at the moment).
Hoping to find a way to get handle removed to fix leak but not having any luck. :(

I think screw is corroded or faucet is just old/and needs to replaced.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You need to get a good flashlight and find out exactly what kind of fastener you're dealing with.
Yes.

This should have been step#1.

There are so many that look like this but trying to see if I can find out exact model to replace parts from the faucet or see if this one has any warranty info, etc. Only thing not shown in this photo is that there is a plastic red/blue button that goes in that hole.
Get out your s loupes or a magnifying glass with your bright flashlight to see what type of fastener. You may have stripped the fastener by trying several different removal tools. It is probably held on with a hexagonal set screw (hex key/allen wrench to remove/tighten). The one you tried may have been the wrong size.

These keys come in metric and SAE. You can pick a cheap complete (not just 4 or 5) combo set at Harbor Freight or Walmart. A different size may work because of possible distortion in the original

This looks like a Miligore combo faucet and bowl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts