1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lic Electrical Inspector
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unknown. I was given these by a friend, to make my renovation wiring go easier. I have never used them before. Wanted to double check before my first inspection next week. The wires are far more secure with 2 in each space. If there is no easy answer, I will look for the manufacturer online, I guess.

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
What are you powering with the mix of #12 & #14 in there? Looks like you might also be maxing out the box fill from just the little bit you posted.

·
Lic Elect/Inspector/CPO
369 Posts
This type of stacker allows two wires in each slot, but they have to be side by side, not on top of each other.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one 14/2 homerun coming from the sub panel into the box. It powers 1 switch which controls 2 recessed downlights and powers another switch which controls two runs of undercabinet task lighting (2 switch legs out to each side of the room, since the lights are not continuous), and a third wire goes across the room to provide power to a switch there which controls 3 accent pendants lights. Additionally, the 12/2 wire comes in from an adjacent outlet (not the code required dedicated counter outlets), to a switch which will control an outlet that a toekick heater fan will plug into. So basically, 3 switches with an extra feed out to another switch. It's a triple switch box. Do I need to go bigger for more capacity?

·
Lic Electrical Inspector
1,843 Posts
Here is the website link. Couldn't find anything specific but you can request info.

·
Master Electrician
1,453 Posts
Do I need to go bigger for more capacity?
Is that a 42 cu in box? Should be stamped inside the back. You're going to have 3 switches? 2 hooked up to 14ga and 1 hooked to 12ga?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SD515.... 52 cu in box. Also said 26-14, 23-12, 20-10. And yes, two 14 ga switches and one 12 ga switch

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Reactions: SD515
1 - 15 of 15 Posts