DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i asked for portland cement and they gave me some csa limestone type GUL.
i'm in the process of mixing. can i mix these 2 together?? or will make a bad chemistry experiment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GUL is a general use cement with lower CO2 emissions. At fabrication, this Portland-limestone cement reduces greenhouse gas emissions by approximately 10% compared to existing GU cements, while producing concrete with similar strength and durability characteristics.

I've never heard of this before and i have like 10 mins left. they say it's portland. i should be able to mix it with other portland right?
i really don't need some nasty chemical reaction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contempra Type GUL Portland Limestone Cement
What if there was an innovative cement that could reduce CO2 emissions by 900,000 tonnes − every year?

Cement and concrete are essential ingredients in building our communities and infrastructure. Engineered for a better tomorrow, Contempra is a contemporary cement that decreases CO2 emissions by 10% while still producing concrete of comparable strength and durability to that produced with regular Portland cement.

yeah that's just great except it says nothing about mixing. i don't know whats in it. it's all new to me and I just junked by project. wasted all my materials and now have to start over. why don't people just give me what i ask for. I will be double my products before i start. Nothing like going to get the next bag and reading TYPE GUL and going WTF is that?

·
retired painter
13,646 Posts
I'm pretty sure only a moderator can delete your posts/thread.

But why? so far your thread has only brought up a question with no answers but hopefully sooner or later someone will supply the answer helping both you and those who read the thread.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
As per ASTM C-926-06 Table # 2 Plaster Bases - Permissible Mixes.
Yes you can mix the two together the result will be the PSI rating.
Also mixing the two will change the workability.
As for what other use the two mixed together could be used for you would have to reference the mix design for that particular use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.