DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i install a hunter wireless remote in a three way swithch configuration and use two wireless remotes programmed to the same code>

·
Master Electrician
4,603 Posts
Yes you should be able to do that, assuming you are using the three ways for on/off power to the fan and you are installing a receiver at the fan. No need for two remotes unless that's what you want.

·
Registered
480 Posts
the three way defeats the remote.you need constant power to fan/lite.why do you guy's always want to screw with things?

·
Registered
480 Posts
So would a single pole switch. What is your point?
the point is with a three-way,every time you want to use fan/lite,you need to flip one of the three way switches to get power to fan/lite.and yes one single pole sw is eaiser.if you use the three-way idea,turn switches so fan/lite comes on,then buy those plastic screw on devices that prevent switches from operating.the if you want to work on fan/lite,remove the stop on one of the 3-way switches,turn power off,turn plastic locking device screwed to other plate screw so no one can turn power on.when done return locking device to stop power from being turned off so remote works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This installation is two single switches on either end of the room controlling the light and fan simultaniously. The remote holder mounts over the switch preventing you from using it. So if I buy two remotes and program them to the same controller( and leave the swithes along) I should be able to controll the fan and light with either remote.

Hunter remote #27144.

I am getting ready to try it .......I'll let you know the outcome>

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried it and it doesn't work. I use one remote to control multiple fans but I can't program two remotes to control the same fan. I would like to find a way to clone the remote control.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts