20201118_072307.jpg
20201118_072307.jpg
20201118_072356.jpg
20201118_072731.jpg
20201118_072331.jpg
20201118_072826.jpg
20201118_072428.jpg
20201118_072554.jpg
just bought a house that was built in 1963. Most of it has been updated, and an addition was done in 1981. When they did that addition, they created an upstairs roman tub/shower that is an awesome space. However, the tile is very outdated and a color that I just cannot put my finger on. It sometimes looks tan with peachy tones, other times it looks taupe or almond. The floor is also an off-white basic tile so there is basically just tile everywhere. It's not in the budget to re-tile at this point, and I also don't want to spend the time or money painting or resurfacing the tile if I'm just going to be remodeling the whole thing in a year or two. I need help temporarily tying it all in and making it look purposeful. Paint the cabinets, paint the walls, add a frame around the mirror, update the fixtures, etc. My biggest problem is nailing down what colors to paint the cabinets and walls so that the beigy-peach-tan tile (with random autumn leaves, I might add) can blend in a bit. Pull focus from it and make it look more classy and polished. I normally tend to gravitate towards farmhouse/industrial/boho decor, but at this point, I just don't want my bathroom looking like vomit on the walls. There it is. I finally put my finger on it. The color is vomit.So, help me. Give me ideas. Anything. I was thinking a double shower curtain could help hide a lot of it, but there's still the beige sinks and toilet. (LORD, help me.)Excuse the pics. We just moved in a week ago, and I haven't really done a thorough clean. I took pics with and without the flash and at various angles so you can REALLY see what I'm working with. I believe it's all the same tile, but it looks different colors depending on how you look at it.Just help me. Please!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
After you clean the grout, maybe in an inobscure (sp) corner try some grout stain. Might give you the change of appearance you are looking for.

·
Remodel and New Build GC
10,050 Posts
Wish we had a magic wand for you.....

For a short term shot.....they do make some tile paints...I've never tried it...but it might be a short term shot.

·
Premium Member
6,457 Posts
I think it looks nice, when your ready, you could change the sinks and counter top and faucet and leave all the tiles as is...where’s the window? Paint the walls a creamy white, put a white shade or a Roman shade. Hang a rod across the bathing area and hang a drape on each side. The kind with big grommets.

like this...

or this...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for windows, there isn't a large window in the bathroom. There is a skylight above the shower/tub and a transom window that sits directly above the vanity mirror. I like the idea of the split curtains with large grommets. Thank you. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts