DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hardwood Searcher
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the prices on solid cabin grade hardwood. I personally know one guy that has bought cabin and loves it. I have seen their floors and it looks good.

I have also looked online and I have seen some horror stories and pictures cautioning anyone to touch the stuff.

I searched for cabin grade and I only found a few old threads on this topic. Is the general consensus that cabin grade isn't worth the risk?

What do you think of cabin grade? Have you bought and installed it in the past? Is buying 15-20% more to account for waste or bad boards really enough?

The flooring company I'm looking at is saying that their manufacturer has "the cleanest" cabin grade on the market. What do you think about that statement? Do manufacturers really matter when it comes to cabin? Or are all cabin grade floors about the same when you consider the risk?

Thank you for taking time to answer in advance.

·
Naildriver
10,634 Posts
Cabin grade is good for cabins. It has a lot more boogers in it than better grades. I wouldn't put it in an upper end house. I have put it in local cabins and it looks just fine. You are in marketing, so I guess you are marketing hardwood flooring, is that right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts