DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make a "Plug" or " Cap" so I can remove the valve stem and have water pass through the original valve? (minus the stem)

The reason I ask is I have very little room to work on the "input" side, but a lot of room on the "output". I live in an older house on a slab.

What I would like to do is remove the Stems, cap them, and put a modern valve on the output side.

It's not laziness - but more fear of what I would run into should things go wrong...

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
Just leave the old valve open and add the new one.
Got a picture of the valve your trying to work on?

Reactions: oh'mike

·
Master General ReEngineer
10,280 Posts
Does anyone know if they make a "Plug" or " Cap" so I can remove the valve stem and have water pass through the original valve? (minus the stem)

The reason I ask is I have very little room to work on the "input" side, but a lot of room on the "output". I live in an older house on a slab.

What I would like to do is remove the Stems, cap them, and put a modern valve on the output side.

It's not laziness - but more fear of what I would run into should things go wrong...
Ayuh,... In a word,... Nope, no such thing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.