DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hot water baseboard heat , thermostat uses two wires black and white for both mercury thermostats on both zones ,one had a clock using a red & orange wire ,how do i know which one goes to R and what one goes to W on a honeywell RCT8103A thermostat

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The black and white should be the valve. That would be your Rh and W. Was the clock used for anything other then your time?

Cheers!
both had the 4 wires the one downstairs had black and white hooked up and red orange tied back that thermostat had no clock the one upstairs had all 4 hooked up with a clock , my question is if its a two wire set and turned off the power and hooked the wires up and they were backwards when i powered back up can i blow the board ?

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
both had the 4 wires the one downstairs had black and white hooked up and red orange tied back that thermostat had no clock the one upstairs had all 4 hooked up with a clock , my question is if its a two wire set and turned off the power and hooked the wires up and they were backwards when i powered back up can i blow the board ?
Shouldn't be any problem. Post a picture of how it's wired at the boiler/valves/pump/control board. Not sure how your system is setup without more info.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.