DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
burnham alpine red panel - I am suspicious that the difference between supply and return is greater that 90 degrees sometimes when the system was idle for a while. How can I avoid this condition? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red panel appears indicating too high difference between supply and return. Sometimes, after an hour, it recovers by itself. If I ask for heat from only one zone it recovers more rapidly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's nicely done. It's that a camera looking at the screen? Do you know what the settings are?
It is a Eufy pan camera (Amazon $45). See attached additional photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Premade manifold.

The boiler should only ever be on if one of the zones is also on. In fact, I would have liked to see a flow switch in the main line there. Watch it, if the boiler runs at all without at least 1 zone pump on AND the boiler loop pump on, there is a problem. Make sure all of the zone pumps are working.

Looks like there are a couple of mixing valves on the zone loops. Do you have indoor heating? You may have to reduce the water temp setpoint in the boiler.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
I've confirmed that the default temp set point is 180°f. It is displayed on the screen, what is it? Do you know how the boiler is controlled? Does the zone panel bring it on, or is the boiler using its own sensors? Is it using an outdoor air sensor? If so, what are the parameters associated with it? (how up look them up is in the manual.)

Sounds like you might need a water side cleaning. Since it's never had the fireside cleaned either, that should be done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts