DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 10' x 10' metal gazebo that shifts a lot because of wind storms. I had an idea to build L shaped planter boxes for each corner that would sit on the outside of the metal leg frames. The planters would only be wide/deep enough to hold a bulb of elephant ears and some annuals/perennials (maybe a max of 12" tall and 12" wide).

I got to thinking about how the gazebo moves, and was wondering if it would be feasible/sensible to screw the metal frame corners into the planter boxes. Or should I make the planter boxes square, and anchor the legs of the gazebo inside of it somehow? If I go this route, would I need to spray the legs with some sort of sealer so it doesn't rust from dirt/water?

Our gazebo is like the one I've posted here, and I was thinking of the planter boxes going on the outside of the legs.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Difficult call.
If the boxes are outside the curtains hang in them, but if they are inside they take up valuable space.

Any kind of movement against a ground anchor will scrape off paint and start rust if they're not tight.
Try coating the attaching brackets with black plasti-dip first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts