DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Build or buy a shed and costs?

54K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  flamtap 
Depends if you add windows too. That might make the cost go up a little bit. Im not no pro at all but If your looking for a project to do yourself it would probably be pretty fun to do. You'd need 2x4's, 2x6's, 2x8's, plywood, door, felt paper, vinyl, shingles, subfloor etc.

You could probably save a lot doing it yourself but If its not your profession that you do everyday you'd probably have to read up on something about framing and finding the pitch of the roof using. Then any tools you may need like skill saw, table saw etc..

I'd do it myself because after adding the cost of the already built shed, having it shipped, installment if any; then you would may be looking at a couple 100 extra.

I know 2x4x96's right now are 2.08$ a piece. The lumber wouldn't be much at all. Just the labor you have to put in it. You could probably get everything: I'm taking a ballpark figure but you'd probably have to spend less than 1500$ for everything if you do it yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.