DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
pest control operator
428 Posts
Consistent inspection of the play area is the best. It is not realistic to prevent stinging insects with insecticide. Treating active nests is good if they are very close, but otherwise not helpful as they fly long distances.

I've learned that how we as parents react/behave will greatly influence how our kids react/behave. Don't focus too much on killing stinging insects-kids will believe that they are bad. Do focus on staying calm, allowing stinging insects to fly near and around you while you operate in "their" area.

If a kid is afraid of snakes, it's because their parents are afraid of snakes. A lot of beneficial snakes die because of this dynamic. I hunt deer as a hobby and control rodents as a profession, but don't kill snakes, including and especially poisonous ones.

·
pest control operator
428 Posts
Cyanara is a very good active ingredient. I use Border or Demand which is the same active ingredient. A micro-encapsulated pyrethrin that holds up well under adverse weather conditions, tough environments like institutional kitchens as well. Low toxicity. I like it a lot for spiders. Flying insects of any kind are tough to control with residual insecticides. Sounds like your're doing good work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.