DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could shed light on these eggs I found in my home. They are brown/dark red in colour with ridges and about the size of a grain of rice. They are quite fragile and give out a yellowish goo when popped (thought they were droppings before that happened!)

I must of found at least 30 of them scattered around the flat. They were all under boxes and other objects lightly touching the floor (not underneath table legs or sofa elevated slightly above the ground). I have attached a photo of these eggs. I hope someone can identify what they are! Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could shed light on these eggs I found in my home. They are brown/dark red in colour with ridges and about the size of a grain of rice. They are quite fragile and give out a yellowish goo when popped (thought they were droppings before that happened!)

I must of found at least 30 of them scattered around the flat. They were all under boxes and other objects lightly touching the floor (not underneath table legs or sofa elevated slightly above the ground). I have attached a photo of these eggs. I hope someone can identify what they are! Thank you
Hi - I appreciate your post is from a few years ago. Did you find out what these eggs were? I just found some and having a hard time locating an answer!

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
Take a few, put them in a decent sized blottle with a lid and screw the lid on tightly. Put the bottle somewhere at or slightly below 70 degrees and out of direct light. Check it every day to see what those capsules hatch into.

I was thinking houseflies, which you don't want to hatch out in the open.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
19,150 Posts
Take a few, put them in a decent sized blottle with a lid and screw the lid on tightly. Put the bottle somewhere at or slightly below 70 degrees and out of direct light. Check it every day to see what those capsules hatch into.

I was thinking houseflies, which you don't want to hatch out in the open.
A 5 year old rhread.

ED

1 - 6 of 6 Posts