DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi iam new here, i just started to try and fix things around the house. I just stepted out the door and the bottom of the wooded step split in have leaving the other have under the door, how can i repair this, i just bought power tools etc, and this looks like my first fix any help will great. remmber i am just starting out

I steped out side my back door and it split in half leaving half under the door it's wood a step off i guess, it might even be part of the frame. Can someone help with some info. on how to repair it. i want to do myself it's the only way to learn.

thanks mountaint:(

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
As Dave said, a picture would definitely help, but in the mean time, it sounds like you might be referring to the threshold. If so, I would try to keep it intact as possible, as you may want to have the ends available for reference when you cut a new one to fit. Once you get it out, you should be able to get one at your local lumber yard. Again though, try to post a picture, as it is only a guess at this point.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sometimes a complete replacement is necessary sometimes some water proof glue and Miller Dowels will do the trick. You need to provide a little more info and as stated above pictures would be helpful.

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
Please stop starting new threads on this subject
You have started about 4 threads which have been merged into 1 thread
ADD on to the existing thread

·
Registered
511 Posts
The piece that broke off, you still have it? If it wasn't rotten you could try some exterior grade glue & a couple finish nails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts