DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - My dishwasher's upper sprayer base is broken. One of the three nubs the holds it in place to the upper dish rack has chipped off, so every time i run the dishwasher the upper sprayer falls off. I have tried to find a replacement but it has been discontinued and is not available on Ebay, Amazon, or any of the parts stores.

Is there a DIY solution to adding back in this little plastic nub in a way that is secure/water proof?

·
I have gas!
2,447 Posts
It's a shame that such a small failure caused dishwasher to malfunction but I think anything that you glue on won't last very long. Could you tell us the brand and model number, maybe the collective efforts of folks can find the part for you?

·
Registered
668 Posts
A small stainless steel screw about a half inch long will do the trick. Pre-drill a slightly smaller hole in the mounting bracket so that the screw is held tight.

Place the screw halfway in the round bracket....then mount the bracket then position the screw the remainder in so that the bracket is secure.

Then tighten the screw so that it is very secure....you do not want it to fall out and get into the pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.