DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the thing just smashed right off and now the holes in the block wall are enlarged. Any advice on how to reattach it back? It looks like someone used nails before.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Solutions (handyman)
464 Posts
It looks as though the wall is not solid concrete so you may be able to cut out the space for the outlet and finish it with some patch cement available at most home improvement stores. I would also suggest you talk with a cement product retailer to get their opinion. Other than that, the option might be to attach a solid plate over the hole and attach a new electrical outlet to the plate.

·
Master General ReEngineer
10,204 Posts
Ayuh,.... A couple of straps, with the tap-cons outside the box,..??

Hyd. grout mixed to a paste consistency can be packed into the failed concrete areas to restore the flatness of what's there,.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ayuh,.... A couple of straps, with the tap-cons outside the box,..??

Hyd. grout mixed to a paste consistency can be packed into the failed concrete areas to restore the flatness of what's there,.....
Yes, I was thinking a couple of straps on the outside, won't look right that's for sure but will keep it in place is my thinking. Or an outlet that has screws on the outside corners if they make one?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.