DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was trying to open my blinds in my bedroom this morning and a piece cracked off and now the blinds are broken and will not open/close.

I can see some of the pieces are Rollease and some are Hunter Douglas. I have looked through product catalogs for each brand and can't seem to find the piece that is actually broken. I have attached pictures below.. please let me know if you can identify what type of part this is!

Thank you!
Automotive tire Wood Gadget Automotive wheel system Cameras & optics

Hand Wood Finger Gesture Thumb

Hand Leg Wood Gadget Finger

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
It is either a lift (roll up blind) or tilt control (vertical blind). If it is a Hunter Douglas and you are the original purchaser they will fix it or send you the parts for free. Yes FREE.

If it was any custom blind made by one of the big 3 parts are available and may be free. Almost all offered a lifetime warranty for vertical blind headrails.

If it was a store bought ready made product you are up the proverbial tributary without the proper means of locomotion.

Reactions: Unassailable

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I never considered fixing a blind. When they break I figure they are shot.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is either a lift (roll up blind) or tilt control (vertical blind). If it is a Hunter Douglas and you are the original purchaser they will fix it or send you the parts for free. Yes FREE.

If it was any custom blind made by one of the big 3 parts are available and may be free. Almost all offered a lifetime warranty for vertical blind headrails.

If it was a store bought ready made product you are up the proverbial tributary without the proper means of locomotion.
Yep, We have Bali blinds and they sent us out the replacement part for free. The manufacturer should have a parts diagram that'll tell you exactly what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts