DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a Brinks alarm for years and it is now monitored by ADT. I plan to cancel monitoring in the next few months when my contract expires. I recently cancelled my home phone service since I never use it and to save money. I know show a trouble on the alarm panel because the alarm cannot dial out. I get a beep every so often that I have to silence. Is there a way to disable the alarms dial out feature and clear the trouble light?

·
Lic Electrical Inspector
1,843 Posts
You have to change the settings via the programming mode. Google the panel for the programming instructions. It is password protected.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to change the settings via the programming mode. Google the panel for the programming instructions. It is password protected.
No luck finding a programming manual online. Would like to able to still use audible alarm without monitoring. Guess this is how Brinks prohibits this from happening.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
FYI - Read every single word of your monitoring contract. If it says you must notify them so many days prior to canceling, etc., send a certified return receipt letter to them and keep a copy. Then you will have proof you notified them.

Some of those contracts automatically "renew" for an additional year or whatever if you do not properly cancel them or do not cancel them by the deadline.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI - Read every single word of your monitoring contract. If it says you must notify them so many days prior to canceling, etc., send a certified return receipt letter to them and keep a copy. Then you will have proof you notified them.

Some of those contracts automatically "renew" for an additional year or whatever if you do not properly cancel them or do not cancel them by the deadline.
Ok thanks for the heads up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts